- Open in a new browser tab your destination store's Shopify admin (your-store.myshopify.com/admin).
- Click "Apps" on the left menu.
- At the bottom of the page, click "Manage private apps"".
If you haven't enabled private apps yet, click "Enable private app development"
- Check all the options
- Click "Enable private app development"
- Click "Create a new private app".
- In the Private app name field, enter "Duplicate Import App".
- In the Emergency developer email field, enter "firstname.lastname@example.org".
In the Admin API section, select these options:
- Products - Read and write
- Customers - Read and write
- Inventory - Read and write
- Locations - Read access
- Orders - Read and write
- Store content - Read and write
- Themes - Read and write
- All the others - No access
- In the Webhook API version section, needs to be "2020-10".
- DON'T ACTIVATE the Storefront API option of "Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API".
- When you're done, click Save.
- The API key and password for your app are now displayed on screen.
- Copy those values to the Duplicate App form.
After your old store has been duplicated in your new store, feel free to remove this app.